OMG… It’s actually coming together. Pure Souls news!
Frightening realization the other day: I’ve not released a novel-length piece in almost a year and a half. Most indie authors get out several books a year. So, mathematically, this means: Me<“Other Indie Authors.”
But I am trying to remedy that. In fact, I’m getting awfully close to remedying that. So much so, that I’m going to go ahead and say pretty confidently that book four in the Pure Souls series, The Devil You Know, will be out sometime in the early fall. This will be the last entry in the series for Marc, Riona, Jerry, and Dee. Sad, yes, but this also means I can begin looking forward to writing my next book.
The problem with this is that I always have lots of book ideas, the question is just which one to give time to. Some of my ideas:
- A zombie series (a comedy)
- A space opera series (space fantasy)
- A futuristic thriller (kind of the Terminator meets the Manchurian Candidate)
- A space thriller (drama/psychological horror)
- A new adult paranormal romance (vampires, werewolves, and the scariest monsters of all… college chemistry professors)
- A fantasy adventure series that’s sort of like The Matrix meets Cardcaptors
- And others that are still too nascent to discuss
Any opinions? I have to admit, D2 is pushing for the space thriller. So much so, that she tells me if I don’t write it soon, she’s going to. Of course, between her soccer team, high school homework, and her job at the local zoo, I don’t see how she’ll find the time. Then again, I find the time despite a similarly busy life, so I probably shouldn’t underestimate her.
And one more thing… If you are a fan of the Pure Souls series, there’s going to be a very special opportunity for a select few readers, but you can only find out about it by subscribing to my mail list. So, if you think that’s something that might interest you and you’re not on the list yet, you can sign up here.
I’d love to hear what you think. Any of the above appeal to you more? Any you think you’d never want to read? Any leave you confused?